High Quality Permanent Dental Implants in Queensland
If you have missing teeth but would rather not opt for full or partial dentures, we recommend speaking to your dentist about dental implants. At Park Ridge Dental, we can assist in cosmetic dental implants for different ages so that your teeth can become fully functional in no time. Book an appointment with us to determine whether you are a candidate for dental implants.
What are Dental Implants?
Why are dental implants better than dentures? Cosmetic dental implants are the most effective way to replace a tooth because they are artificial teeth that attach directly to the jawbone. A dental implant has three main components.
This is a small screw that is attached to the jawbone. Over time, the fixture fuses with the jawbone, creating a strong foundation on which the other parts of the implant can be attached. The fixture is usually made using titanium which is a non-corrosive metal.
The fixture is the part of the implant that acts as a stabiliser below the gumline. Once it has fused with the jawbone, the abutment, which is another screw-like attachment, is installed directly above the gumline to support the tooth.
The crown is a prosthetic that looks and works just like a natural tooth. Implant crowns are made using porcelain or ceramic and are screwed into place when the abutment and fixture are in place.
Are You a Candidate for Dental Implants?
If you are looking for a dentist for implants, look no further than Park Ridge Dental. We recommend dental implants for patients who:
- Have one or more missing teeth
- Have fully developed jawbones with good bone density
- Have healthy oral tissues
- Are unable to wear dentures
- Want to improve their speech and ability to chew food
Benefits of Dental Implants
Here are just some of the reasons for the rising popularity of dental implants Brisbane-wide:
- An implant is the only tooth replacement procedure that prevents loss of bone density
- Implants are available in a wide range of shapes and sizes, so you can rest assure that it will perfectly match the colour of your natural teeth
- Strong titanium fixtures fused to the bone guarantee that you can bite with the same force as your natural teeth
- Teeth not only help us chew food, but they also maintain the shape of your face Implants provide the same amount of support as natural teeth
- Implants provide stability, allowing you to speak confidently without being self-conscious about a dental appliance in your mouth
- Artificial teeth do need maintenance but are unaffected by bacteria that cause tooth decay
Quality Titanium Dental Implants Brisbane
Are you looking for a trusted dentist for implants in Logan? Contact Park Ridge Dental today to book an appointment with us. Our dental experts will help you identify whether you are an ideal candidate for dental implants and provide you with the information you need to make the right choice.